Sunday, August 02, 2009

No. Cal Part 2: Berkeley & Monterey.

Although I had seen Berkeley a long time ago (when I was in high school) I always wanted to get a better look at the campus, and I wanted to show G Telegraph road, so we headed across the Bay bridge and walked around campus.













Berkeley turned out to be a bit underwhelming, so after a quick stroll and a very good soup and sandwhich at a local all-organic bakery, we headed down the PCH in search of Monterey and Carmel. Along the way we stopped at a lighthouse that turned out to double as a hostel (best real estate in all of CA)
We also passed acres and acres of farms right on the Pacific coast. Now we know where our California strawberrys and artichokes come from. When we got to Monterey we checked into one of the nicest hotels I've ever been in. It was literally built on a dock in the old cannery area of Monterey (now a disney style tourist attraction) and had beautiful views from every angle!










We finished the night by grabbing little cookies from the Tollhouse store (yes there is such a thing) and walking to a local restraunt recommended by the hotel. It was a bit of a walk, although it was all along the coastline, the food was great, and they gave G a rose when we left. A great second day.

No comments: