We flew Virgin American from Dulles to SFO. Airline was a lot of fun -- all pink and purple inside. When we landed we took the Bart to Embarcadero, settled into our hotel, and then walked to the old port where they were having a huge farmers market. We tried all kinds of local foods including local honey, a raw burrito, and tasty salted pig parts. Yes, thats right.... tasty salted pig parts - a kosher delight.
Next we went to Castro - a neighborhood in the North East of the city known for its rather interesting shops. I can honestly say I saw a lot of things I've never seen before. We found a very good cookie shot, and bought a "hot cookie." Instead of some of the more "interesting" cookie shapes I opted for a plain old chocolate chip.
All in all a great first day!
No comments:
Post a Comment