Monday, July 16, 2007

Visit to Oregon










My dad and my uncle and I went out to Oregon this past weekend to surprise my Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Dick at their 50th wedding celebration. I got in a little early so I could see the sights around the Grant's Pass area before the party.

Friday Kerstin made the long drive down from Portland and we had a great day touring around. We started with breakfast and some walking around in Ashland - a perfect mountain town with fresh air and friendly people. On the way back we stopped at a few wineries and another small town where we found a store with wearable recycled kitchen gadgets.








Saturday Marty and Lisa took us on a wild boat ride down the Rogue river. The boat was a big flat bottom speedboat that could stop and turn on a dime. One minute our driver was pointing out bald eagles and the next he was doing 360 spins to send waves of water over the side of the boat. The ride was unlike anything I've ever been on before and I would definitely do it again if I could! We worked up an appetite getting wet and enjoying the scenery so it was perfect when the boat "docked" at a lodge with a big hearty breakfast waiting for us.
After we got back from the river and cleaned up a bit we went to the anniversary dinner. The decorations were beautiful, the food was good, and it was really great to have everyone together in one place. After dinner the group turned to story telling and it was really special to hear the memories of meeting, getting married, raising children, grandchildren and now great-grandchildren.


No comments: